July 24th: Niltaqghu is-Suq - Workshop 1
This meeting is for those writers and artists (16+) who have their projects underway after having attended one or more events of the Malta Arts Festival, Evenings on Campus, and/or the Jazz Festival.
Performers interested in taking part in the final event in which the works will be interpreted, are asked to come to this meeting to start practicing with the writers/artists involved.
For more information please contact us:
- on this page or
- call us on 79 990 594
- or ask a representative of TWC, Versatili, PoezijaPlus, DESA, or Pilot
Participation and event details are as follows:
The Writers Club, Versatili, PoezijaPlus, DESA, and Pilot have come together to produce Niltaqghu is-Suq: a project brimming with the creativity and diversity of the arts.
As writers and artists (16+), you are invited to:
1. attend any events of the Malta Arts Festival, Evenings on Campus, and the Jazz Festival
2. be inspired with what you experience at the event(s) you choose to attend and produce a literary/artistic work (**of any type) to express this inspiration
3. bring the work to the official event of Niltaqghu is-Suq which is scheduled to take place in the first week of August in front of "is-Suq" in Valletta where it will be interpreted by artists (dancers, theatre groups, singers...) on the spot!
The final event is scheduled for Friday, 24th August at 19:00 opposite "is-Suq" in Valletta.
July 30th: AGM Calling!
The end of TWC's first year on a national level is almost here!
TWC has already extended its target age group to 16+ BUT Surprise surprise!: We would also like to cater for the younger generation this time. So...how will it work?
- 2 separate Executive Teams (one specific to each age group)
- 2 chairpersons over from the present TWC Executive Team to mentor each throughout the year!
Want to be part of one of next TWC Executive teams?
- If you satisfy the following conditions BY July 30th, please STEP FORWARD!
- If you don't satisfy the conditions but would still like to run up for elections, NOW is your chance to meet the conditions below!
1. be a TWC paid member (yearly fee: 5 euro)
2. be seconded by 1 TWC member
3. have attended a minimum of 5 TWC meetings during the year
4. be of age 20+ by the end of 2012
July 21st to August 6th - Theme: Map / Mappa (TWC Literary Competition)
We're proud to announce our third competition - or should i say competitions, for this year:
Theme: Map / Mappa
Languages: Maltese or English
Word limit: 2,500 words
Deadline for submission: August 6th at 00:00
Eligible age: 16+
*We have 2 concurrent competitions: one for poetry and one for prose. Details above are the same for both BUT we have separate judges!
Established poets will be the judges of the poetry section...
Established authors will be the judges of the prose section...
*Prize for both will be a fully paid online writing course of your choice from:
*Entries are at a cost of 5 euro for registered members and 8 euro for non-members of TWC.
Fees are to be paid via bank transfer to to HSBC account number 074 - 161993 - 001
You may submit more than one entry but each entry costs as above. Give your name, surname, ID number, and a contact number. Members are to also provide their membership number.
Submissions are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the nature of the prize, TWC reserves the right to not give a prize should the literary standard for such prize not be reached, as per the judges' advice. Only a first prize will be awarded.
Wherever you are over the globe... start writing!!
Should nonmembers want to register as members to benefit from a cheaper entry rate, membership fee is 5 euro for 1 year.
*For more information on The Writers Club, you may find us on facebook: